Cycle Massachusetts – State Bike Tour
“The Friendliest Ride In The East”
August 4th – 10th, 2018
Check out our Bicycle Club Challenge where everybody wins.
Vote for or see the Favorite Places to Ride in Massachusetts.
The State Bike Tour is our signature event and the only week-long tour in Massachusetts. And of course, it is The Friendliest Ride In The East
Comments from our 2017 riders:
-The routes were beautiful and allowed for nice breaks in the day when needed.
-So many things to see along each day’s ride.
-The road markings were very good.
-The lightly trafficked roads.
-The food was so good.
-The friendly, helpful volunteers.
-How easy it was to sit down with a group of people and just start chatting.
-Loved the musical entertainment!!!
-The ease of it all.
-The ability to create your own pace and stops.
Special for 2018
- We’ll Discover Central Massachusetts as we ride a loop between Amherst and Worcester.
- Starting and ending in Amherst – The area is home to five colleges and thriving, hip communities of Amherst and Northampton.
- Worcester host location – Home of Major Taylor and the Worcester Art Museum.. We’ll be planning for visits while you are there.
- Only 3 move days.
- Planning for off bike activities is in process.
- Ridewithgps files for their turn by turn audible smartphone app available to all.
Family Friendly Weekend
We want families to enjoy the fun, so we have a special option for them.
- Children 11 and under are free
- Rides will be less than 25 miles
- All rides will have ride leaders so you are all well taken care of
- Afternoon games and special treats.
- Family oriented evening activity on Saturday.
Click here for lots more information about the State Bike Tour
About Our Tour
Each year we explore different parts of the state and sometimes venture into neighboring states. We are continually trying out new ideas without giving up any of the things people love about us.
This year, we are adding a new rider reception, so you can get to know some of our friendly volunteers, a few old timers and others who are new to Cycle Massachusetts. We welcome eBikes, and we’ve got other ideas in the works.
We ride through mostly rural areas with quiet roads, so you can experience forest and farms and our quaint New England villages.
Many people are surprised to find out how hilly our state can be. But we try to keep things mellow while also providing options for people to stretch themselves. And just in case you aren’t up to riding all of a day’s route, your registration includes our Headstart Drop-Off Service which will allow you to start up to 20 miles into the route.
Overnight accommodations are usually at schools. We stay two nights each at three different schools; a private school, a small liberal arts college, and a pretty public school with a nearby brewery and lots of outdoor activities.
We know how much you value good food and we aim to please with delicious breakfasts and dinners every day.